Friday, October 9, 2009



I had been out of work for 2 months but had found a position in Berkeley. I had 2 weeks before my job started I thought I would take advantage of it and spend some time hanging out in Humboldt county. Most of the time was spent in and around Humboldt Redwood State Park but I did spend some time on the East side of 101. One of the drives was along Alderpoint Road which winds through Seward Ranch. I found this tree along the road. Since it was late in the day, around 1600 I had a bit of trouble getting this shot lined up. The problem was the section I wanted would have had me shooting in the direction of the sun which would have put the tree into shadow. Walking around the tree I found the best balance of light and detail. Only a little work with Aperture, mostly the contrast and the exposure and it seems to have come out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment